PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Flash Mob Event (from show 99)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Misc Discussions (The Sandbox)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Flash Mob Event (from show 99)

Okay apparently the only innovative thing about Sandy and I hosting a Flash Mob event is that Sandy and I will be hosting it ... Shocked

We've heard from several people that they have done something similar ...

But I refuse to let innovation die the death of mediocrity so ... we're going to try to organize the Global Unified PodCacher Flash Mob Caching Event.

Here's the idea: We're going to hold our Flash Mob event at 9:00am Pacific Standard Time on May 20th. IF other events were to happen that synchronized with ours (at your respective times) we could have a HUGE Global event. The most widespread the geocaching world has ever seen!

We could take pics and I could collage them together on photoshop and make a big image (to print?) We could take audio or video from all around the world.

We already have one email from a listener in Ohio who will be doing it.

We'll create all the documents, rules and plans to share with anyone who wants to join in.

Imagine a few dozen PodCacher Flash Mob events all around the planet all happening at the same time!

No it doesn't make sense. It sounds silly, and it sounds like fun!

Whadaya Think? Can you set one up in YOUR town?

imfrog2002

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I would be willing to do that, but May 20th is a Sunday, and my house has STRICT rules about caching events on Sunday: NO. Sad If it were on a Saturday, I'd host one!

GCF SLC FTW! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

FluteFace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Yes, yes, yes! I'm in touch with a reviewer and have sent you an e-mail about one around here. Organizing this kind of event seems to be just about my speed! Sounds like fun. Cool

JJG10101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Mob-related.

A few years back, we were on vacation in San Francisco. At dinnertime, we walked out of the lobby of our hotel to see.. hundreds(!) of people on bicycles. A few minutes later, they zoomed off down the street. I asked a chap nearby, and he said it's something called "Critical Mass." Sort of a bike-gathering-peaceful-statement. A lot of 'em had bells and other noisemakers. Sounds a bit like the Flash Mob description.

Found this description on one of their sites: "Critical Mass is not an organization, it's an unorganized coincidence." Cool Very Happy Cool

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Itinerary

Here is a link to a developing itinerary / schedule:

http://tinyurl.com/2gsl3e

If you choose run an event, I suggest you find reliable volunteers and prep them (way) ahead of time.

Again it would be cool if we could sync events so that people all over the world are having their Hershey Kisses at the same time!

More to come ...

imfrog2002

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I was able to look at my calendar, and talk with my parents. It looks like I'll probably be able to host an event here in Salt Lake! (It's early enough that we can still make it to chruch. Wink) Question: Is it going to be 9 AM PST or 9 AM -insertyourtimezonehere-? Just want to make sure. Thanks, and mark me down as a host!

GCF SLC FTW! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:

imfrog2002 wrote:
Okay, I was able to look at my calendar, and talk with my parents. It looks like I'll probably be able to host an event here in Salt Lake! (It's early enough that we can still make it to chruch. Wink) Question: Is it going to be 9 AM PST or 9 AM -insertyourtimezonehere-? Just want to make sure. Thanks, and mark me down as a host!

Ideally it would be 9am PST, BUT anytime is better than no time!

Oh, and listen out: On a future show, Sandy and I will discuss giving "something" away to any host of a podcacher.com flash mob cache event on May 20th. More info to come ...

imfrog2002

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:

8 AM MST is perfect for me. I'll put the cache page out there as soon as I find out a few things:

1. Is there any special name for the event sets?
2. Is there a special way to do the cache pages?
3. Anything else?

Let me know and I'll get the listing up ASAP.

GCF SLC FTW! Very Happy

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject:

imfrog2002 wrote:
8 AM MST is perfect for me. I'll put the cache page out there as soon as I find out a few things:

1. Is there any special name for the event sets?
2. Is there a special way to do the cache pages?
3. Anything else?

Let me know and I'll get the listing up ASAP.

We're going to call them:

PodCacher Flash Mob Cache Event

You are free to copy / paste / add / subtract from our cache page here:

http://tinyurl.com/yv55zo

We will be creating documents (for volunteers, for participants, for log sheets, etc.) that you can print up and copy for your event. Coming soon.

imfrog2002

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I know the perfect place for the event, so I'll be getting the page up after I can a good place to meet.

EDIT: The cache page is: GC12330. You'll be able to see it after it's published.

GCF SLC FTW! Very Happy

Red Sky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Flash Mob Event (from show 99)

Sonny wrote:
Imagine a few dozen PodCacher Flash Mob events all around the planet all happening at the same time!

No it doesn't make sense. It sounds silly, and it sounds like fun!

Whadaya Think? Can you set one up in YOUR town?

It would be truly original if you could get multiple events across the country to qualify as a mega event. Have you checked with your reviewer?

ScouterJoe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject:

imfrog2002 wrote:

If you want to sinc up, I believe 9 am PST is 10 am MST. I'm in the EST and I believe 12 noon will be our time.

imfrog2002

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject:

You're right. I was tired when I wrote that. Wink I'll be changing that. Thanks for letting me know.

GCF SLC FTW! Very Happy

ScouterJoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I've created an event for here in Sylvania, Ohio. It's not been aproved by the reviewer yet. When it is it can be found at GC124CW

ScouterJoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject:

Alright! Our flash mob is on for Sylvania, Ohio. It's at 12 noon EST to syncronize with yours.

I've got a question for Sonny though. On your intinerary you've got a raffle. What are you raffling?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Misc Discussions (The Sandbox) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: