PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Flash Mob Event (from show 99)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Misc Discussions (The Sandbox)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

ScouterJoe

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject:

this is the big weekend! Last minute prep is in place. I'm meeting my volunteers at a diner for breakfast for last minute instructions. In the spirit of the flash mob though, it's just going to be coffee.

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Final Prep countdown

We've asked for people to call in to the PodCacher hotline for audio from the various flash mob events. We're also expecting pics of events / attendees.

I'll be recording a play by play of our event. We should also have a video that we'll post to YouTube (hopefully).

For those of you who are unable to attend one of these events:

1) We'll do our best to bring you the action and have you "be there" via pics, audio, etc.

2) We WILL hold another one. Plan to be at one or better yet, host one of your own. You'll be able to learn from, and see how it goes from this event, on May 20th.

This should be awholelotta FUN!!!!

chooch72

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: TVCA Flash Mob is in the books

TVCA FM went quite well, unfortunately the weather cooled off & skies were overcast so not many muggles in the park - had 34 cachers log in the book & 45 - 50 people attend.

I apologize for not calling in during the event - next time I'll put it on the schedule so I don't forget.

Hope everyone else's went as good as ours!
Cheers

bigeddy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Oregon event in... what else? rain!

Ah, springtime in Central Oregon! It could be anything from snow to 80's this time of year. We get less than 11 inches of rain a year on the dry side of the mountains so a shower is welcome but it could have waited an hour. Still, the log sheets show 27 sign-ins and 52 people plus a few dogs. A good time was had by all and we were glad it was only 15 minutes. We managed to cram in all the mini-events plus an awards ceremony for a recent geocaching competition (appropriately, an FTF series).

The Flash Mob was held atop Bend's Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint which provides gorgeous 360-degree views about 360 days out of the year and is normally crowded on most days. Few muggles this morning, though. Intrepid geocachers ruled! For 15 minutes, anyway. Photos are posted with my event log.

Thanks for the idea, Podcacher people. Very Happy

Last edited by bigeddy on Sun May 20, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

teamovcacher

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject:

The Wheeling Flash Mob went off without a hitch! We had ours in the parking lot of a Cabela's Retail Store! We even had security take the group photo!
We had a total of 15 people fill out the logsheets!
Everyone went shopping at the store when the event was over!
Thanks everyone for showing up and supporting Podcacher!

TeamOVCacher

Ohio Valley Geocachers
www.ovgeo.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

DcCow

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Woohoo! We had a great time at the San Antonio Flash Mob Event! Everything went well - if not a bit noisy! We had 47 logs with 89 people in attendance.

DcCow

FluteFace

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject:

We had a grand time at the Flash Mobe Cache Event NUTS Style in Everett, Washington. I'm still shaking my head in amazement! Lots of people and pictures, a few surprises, cloudy and chilly but no rain, two videographers, and lots of fun. We had 75 (maybe more) cachers or caching groups, and about 130 in attendance. Gotta thank the VIPs that helped me with this lunacy! Very Happy Exclamation Very Happy

Oh, and there were four or five others not in the photo because they were taking photos or video-ing the event.

==============================

Photos for this event (NUTS Style) can be seen at Flickr. The set is a work in progress, but it is more or less in order. I'll be adding comments and the like later this evening and tomorrow.

I also have two videos, one of lesser quality in hand, and one of better quality on the way. I can see a bit of learning on the horizon -- how to compress and break up a MOV file into smaller parts to meet size requirements for submission to YouTube. It seems doable, but the higher quality file may be beyond my ability to handle . . . we'll see.

(Edited for spelling.)

Last edited by FluteFace on Sun May 20, 2007 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

imfrog2002

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

WOAH. Those are some huge events. (At least to what I'm used to! 20 people is normal here.) I hope that the next one isn't on Sunday, as many cachers around here have commitments on Sunday, me included. I can't wait for the next one, though!

GCF SLC FTW! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

FluteFace

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Hey??? Where's San Diego's group photo. Now that ought to be a truly huge event!

gamecockfan1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I got another cacher who's a professional photographer to take the photo. We had 76 people in attendance, 4 dogs, and a lot of fun. We also had 4 people from North Carolina, 1 from Georgia, 1 from Oklahoma, 1 from San Diego, and 1 (the one from GA) who hadn't cached before. Also, that cacher from San Diego knew who you guys were and had done one of your podcaches! We gave out about 20 or so Podcacher business cards.

Member SCGA

ScouterJoe

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I havn't received the pics from our photographer yet. He took over 100 pictures! We had exactly 50 cachers and teams sign the logs. Wow what fun!

DresselDragons

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject:

teamovcacher wrote:

The Wheeling Flash Mob went off without a hitch! We had ours in the parking lot of a Cabela's Retail Store! We even had security take the group photo!
We had a total of 15 people fill out the logsheets!
Everyone went shopping at the store when the event was over!
Thanks everyone for showing up and supporting Podcacher!

TeamOVCacher

Just sent the audio from the Wheeling event to S&S...15 cachers signed the "log", but there were over 24 attendees (24 in the picture, and then we had one caching family arrive with only 30 seconds left to log in...but they made it!)

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject:

We had a blast at the PodCacher Flash Mob Event this morning with 180+ people attending. Here's a photo taken by W9JIM. More info in the show!

gamecockfan1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Sandy wrote:
We had a blast at the PodCacher Flash Mob Event this morning with 180+ people attending.
Wow!!!! 180 people?! I guess San Diego is way bigger than Columbia though...

Member SCGA

eagsc7

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: GC12CQ7

WOOHOO!!! We had 60 at the Flash Mob in Ceur d'Alene, ID. So where do we go to get the Mega Icon for the event??

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/82127112@N00/506730234/[/img]

Here it is...

The Steaks

I love Toys! Small little expensive ones. The ones that tell me where to go and how fast I'm speeding at the same time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Misc Discussions (The Sandbox) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: