PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 246
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Show 246

Chat about the show here...

TheManInStripes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject:

FIRST TO POST!!

I am a MARATHONER!! June 19, 2010

GrosseFamille

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject:

Can't see to be able to download it. My iTunes has received the title and description but cannot download it. I get the little exclamation mark in the first column.

Will try again tonight.

Team 57

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject:

GrosseFamille wrote:
Can't see to be able to download it. My iTunes has received the title and description but cannot download it. I get the little exclamation mark in the first column.

Will try again tonight.

I get the exclamation mark sometimes in iTunes. I think that means iTunes is temporarily not downloading that podcast (because you haven't played the podcast in iTunes or because you don't use iTunes to synch with an ipod which tracks which podcasts you play) (this happens to me because I use iTunes to download multiple shows but then use Media Player to synch with my mp3 player).

What I do is whenever I see the exclamation mark, I click on the triangle to open the list of podcasts, then double click on any of the shows, let it play for 3 or 4 seconds and then stop it from playing. Then iTunes seems to be good for about two weeks. I usually do that to all of the shows I download as soon as I see one exclamation mark popup.

FraCaMen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject:

I keep getting "Internal Server Error" when I try to download the show manually, so it seems to be a problem at libsyn Sad

FraCaMen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject:

FraCaMen wrote:
I keep getting "Internal Server Error" when I try to download the show manually, so it seems to be a problem at libsyn Sad

Seems the problem at libsyn is solved. Just downloaded it, will now transfer the podcast to my usb stick and listen to it in the car on my way home.

Mister B.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject:

I get the same error. I will check back soon. Geocaching goodness will have to wait a little longer this week. Crying or Very sad

Mister B.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject:

Working now, Very Happy
Downloading now, Life is good. Smile

Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject:

Sorry for the Libsyn problems! Glad it seems to be working now. If you have any further problems, please let us know.

Dude/Sweet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject:

It's down again...I need my cup of Monday morning podcacher goodness!

S&AT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject:

It failed for me several times but then worked. Could be worth keeping trying.

Tizzie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I fancy that job in Essex!

A couple of years ago I was caching with a group of friends in Yorkshire (pronounced "York-sher" not York-shire!) we met some newbie cachers. It turned out that the guy (whose name I can't remember) worked for the local council as a gardener. His manager had heard about geocaching, and handed over a GPS and told him to set up a GC account and find out what it was all about, and whether it was something the council should get into. If so, part of his job would be to place and maintain caches in the council-run parks. The following year I found myself working in the area, and I was able to find some of his caches that were near to the office where I was working.

S&AT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Are you sure your sneaky hide meets Groundspeak guidelines if it's partially buried? I think we had a disagreement about something similar on the forums a few months ago.

Red Sky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Really enjoyed the show and all the traveling caching stories. Loved seeing behind the scene of the Podcacher studio. I think we need a whole flickr set on the house and studio in the near future.

S&AT wrote:
Are you sure your sneaky hide meets Groundspeak guidelines if it's partially buried? I think we had a disagreement about something similar on the forums a few months ago.
As the guidelines say “buried” and the top is showing, so it's not. Also the guidelines specifically prohibit the use of pointy instruments. I doubt one is needed for a 3 inch piece of PVC. Wink I'm fine the “spirit” of this type of container, would appreciate the challenge and certainly enjoy the ingenuity of the creator.

dougandsuzy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: groundspeak guidelines

I too liked your match container suggestion however I do not believe it meets groundspeak’s guidelines for hiding a cache. I don’t see too many naturally formed cavities in the ground that allow for snug inserting of PVC piping. Regardless as to whether it is completely buried or not I believe groundspeak intentions are to discourage digging of any sort. Specifically: If a shovel, trowel or other "pointy" object is used to dig, whether in order to hide or to find the cache, then it is not appropriate.”

From all I have read on the subject the goal is to hide containers without altering the natural landscape. You can bury with rocks, leaves, and sticks but digging of any amount is off limits. Similarly I would not drill a hole in a public structure or cut a hole out of a tree to hide a cache.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: