PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 309
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Show 309

Chat about the show here...

Big Doggie and Lil Pup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject:

:-)

I think this will inspire me to do a Wherigo other than the sample one that came loaded onto my Garmin Oregon.

Last edited by Big Doggie and Lil Pup on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheManInStripes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Dammit!! So close!! LTP!!

I am a MARATHONER!! June 19, 2010

Big Doggie and Lil Pup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject:

TheManInStripes wrote:

Ah forgetta bout it. Better you win a real race like a marathon than a silly virtual one.

TheManInStripes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject:

Big Doggie and Lil Pup wrote:
TheManInStripes wrote:

Ah forgetta bout it. Better you win a real race like a marathon than a silly virtual one.

I'll never win one of those either. I'll finish, but probably never win. I'm planning another one in June, with a half 3 weeks ahead of that which I will count as one of my training runs.

Next big step: A Triathlon in September. That should be a new adventure.

Now, let's get ON WITH THE SHOW!!!! I'm about 13 minutes into it right now. Earliest I've ever listened really. I usually tune in during the week sometime to actually listen.

pacholik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject:

Great show. I love whereigo caches. I am lucky that in my area there about 6 of them. Most of them are by JJG10101. In Fact JJG and Cache_in_pocket both won the awards from Garmin during the whereigo contest.

I love all the puzzle resources. That new Geocaching Calculator is awesome.

On the andriod platform I use Cipher Tools. https://market.android.com/details?id=cz.yard.android.cipher&feature=search_result

and Puzzle Pal https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sqisland.android.puzzlepal&feature=search_result

I have completed the Puzzles! whereigo but now I have to travel over 1000 miles to claim a find. Smile

Thank you for another great show. Keep on caching.

batsgonemad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject:

Damit... 6th today, agh but I'm in Birmingham, Stitcher is my friend;) sitting in Starbucks having a cappo and listening to the show. Smile))))

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject:

Wanna see a glimpse of our studio and the recording of the intro to Show 309? http://is.gd/emsVWB

TheManInStripes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject:

Sonny wrote:
Wanna see a glimpse of our studio and the recording of the intro to Show 309? http://is.gd/emsVWB

Nice!! I'm guessing that the company in town did the video recording?? And I can't help but wonder if Sandy wore that podcacher t-shirt knowing she was being videoed as well.

Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject:

TheManInStripes wrote:
Sonny wrote:

Nice!! I'm guessing that the company in town did the video recording?? And I can't help but wonder if Sandy wore that podcacher t-shirt knowing she was being videoed as well.

Nope! Just grabbed that t-shirt when we were dressing to go out to the park in the morning. Making the video was Sonny's last minute creative idea. If I had known ahead of time, I probably would have fixed my hair and put on some makeup! Very Happy Very Happy

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject:

Sonny wrote:

That was cool! I was hoping the intro to the intro was on there. I STILL don't have service at the house although Time Warner and AT&T have boxes in my front yard. But I have learned I can go to one of the nearby libraries and use their internet from the parking lot. So I'll get the show tonight.

Big Doggie and Lil Pup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for alerting us to this geocache PR in Libya. Good taste by the journo! I made a ham radio video and a fellow ham made a comment on my tool utility belt pouch that it looked like a geocaching logo on a pin and it was. That was much smaller than one of these patches though. I am not sure if he had the trackable one with the metal plate or one without it. I would have thought the reporter would be using the camouflage version since he was going to wear it on camera. I've mounted velcro on the back of my trackable camouflage patch to wear on the velcro of my photo vest when I want. With his patch so brightly colored his editor doesn't mind, maybe he/she does it too (if the story about getting the shirt at a thrift store was a red herring)? However I doubt that they are finding any caches now as I have read books and heard a reporter speak how their living conditions. They are living in guarded, armed compounds when not reporting from these areas, plus some use local security in the field too. I did some small time freelance stuff from Syria years ago and that was disneyland compared to how Libya currently is. If they are having time for doing any geocaching I can only imagine it being done by one reporter hiding the cache and the others finding it.

TheManInStripes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Electric Water Boy wrote:
Sonny wrote:

That was cool! I was hoping the intro to the intro was on there. I STILL don't have service at the house although Time Warner and AT&T have boxes in my front yard. But I have learned I can go to one of the nearby libraries and use their internet from the parking lot. So I'll get the show tonight.

If you had an iPhone, you could create a Wi-Fi hotspot off your 3G Connection.

Anyone getting the new iPad this weekend?

Big Doggie and Lil Pup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject:

About the ET Highway being closed down due to some being careless and not giving enough thought before undertaking something like this, several years ago a cacher left a comment about looking for one of our caches. He obviously wasn't thinking. He ended up parking IN front of a fire house - in front, on their driveway and was blocking the roll up doors!!! He didn't seem to understand why a fireman got angry at him. Please people THINK!!! I don't know how the guy got a drivers license or that he found any caches at all if that is typical of his critical thinking skills.

On Wherigo - I was going to mention the locationless ones, so I am glad some others know about them and that you covered these. I did a sample one that came with my Garmin Oregon, (something about an astronaut on a planet). There are some of these locationless ones that I have loaded but haven't done yet. The two that look to be the most fun are called
Whack A Lackey and Whack A Lackey Part 2. These are described as being similar to that Whack A Mole game where a little critter will pop its head up a hole and before it can hide, you need to hit it over the head with a mallet. No mallet needed for this game though, just running from point to point to whack as many lackeys as you can in the given time. I'm sure that people who have done these modules already have received some crazed stares by those around them as they see someone running erratically on a field on their own.

One last note on Wherigo - don't anyone do what I did and confuse Wherigo with Where i Pee - it was costly! :-)

cacheatnight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the shout out! It was much appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: