PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 317

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Show 317

The conversation continues here...

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Downloading now.

batsgonemad

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject:

agh, just woke up to a splended day here, not a cloud in the sky, downloading as i type

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject:

Don't know what it is about Tuesday's but... TB2K0ZG

I've been suffering from cache withdrawal ever since local cacher KJKlock put out a 365 day challenge cache where you have to fill your calendar. It has cut my find rate down to, well, I don't want to go there. I have to save caches close to the house so if I need one on a day when time is tight or the weather is bad I can still get one. 38 days in the year left to go.

He also put out a challnge cache where you have to find a cache a day for 100 days in a row. I'd have to drive too far to do this so it's not happening. Now if this had been out back when I started I would have been all over it. However, two of the local cachers who completed the challenge told me they were someone burnt out after the challenge. But with a few days off they got right back into the swing of things.

Thanks for another great show!

batsgonemad

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Well here is kinda how i play it from day to day. I cache when i can, as i drive around alot i can pick up a cache here and there. Once a year i like to do a caching run, i take the car head to Northern Scotland and cache along a route, finding new places as i go. Having said that if on the run there might be 300 caches to do, its not to say ill do them all, as for me its about the jiourney and taking Landscape pictures. Once the run is done i take awhile to log them trying to do proper logs but not always. So i dont really ever suffer from burnout but after a cache run i tend to keep it quiet for awhile and get back to doing the odd one here and there.

On the odd occasion ill get a call to se if i wanna cache for the day and away i go. So its really very varied and i think thats what does it for me.

llenseuqm

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to Deermark for reminding me about Moki's Muley Point (GC103ZY) cache in Southeastern Utah. Truly one of the best parts of 'caching--finding those great views you would have missed otherwise. I have one less unused favorite point now.

Thanks for the great show! Keep on Cachin'!

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: