PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 346
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Show 346

The conversation continues here...

Traa dy Liooar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject:

FTP???!!!

I usually download Podcacher to my mp3 player and listen while at the gym or hiking. Once in a while if it is posted early enough, like this evening, I will listen off the website.

I would not strip down to my skivvies for a cache. I don't remember where I heard about this cache, maybe from Podcacher, but back when ALR's were allowed there was a cache that had an Additional Logging Requirement of getting completely nude and taking a picture to prove it. There were pictures of people behind bushes or holding the ammo can strategically in front of them.

Last edited by Traa dy Liooar on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject:

First European Smile

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject:

First Texan!

batsgonemad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject:

ok First from N/Ireland!!

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject:

Got it

As I'm nowhere near FTP I'll have to claim most good looking cacher so far to download Laughing

BTW - today is Jeremy Irish' birthday !

batsgonemad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject:

Mostly, i listen to the show on stitcher, as im off on a Monday, im generally still in bed, so stitcher is great for that. When im up ill download the show and listen to it again on Tuesday mng for my drive to work, so i listen to the show a couple of times.

Well given the oppertunity i would have no problem dropping my kit to grab a cache. There is a great cave cache on one of the islands in the caribbean and if i was on my own boat thats what id do. But unfortunately i was with a group so could not.

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject:

Most of the time I listen to the show on my iPod on the bus.

Hope that FTF dude learned his lesson while freezing his butt off in his shorts - FTF Hounds should always have extra clothes in the car to fit all occasions.

Hamcache's story - I had to wonder what lampost cache in San Antonio could get everyone all excited. I knew of one that did because of the surprise you got when opening the container (cache now archived), and another that isn't a true lampost cache, but is a skirt lifter. So I looked up the cache he found and mustery solved.

There is nother exciting about the cache he found (GC1XMB8). It was put out with a bunch of other caches for an event to say good bye to one of our nearby locals. What is exciting is the cache that this one was reminding the local cachers of. GC195F8 - Cacher Catcher. This cache is by no means a LPC. If trees weren't in the way you could see it from space. Check out the pictures.

Calender - I'm down to just two days left on the calendar to color in. December 17 and 18. Have an event on the 17th to go to, and a good choice of other caches to pick for the 18th (even if it rains). Now if I could only line up a cacher with a boat in Georgia I could finish the Jazzmer Challenge as well. I would sure like to knock out that challenge this next year. Maybe around Geowoodstock?

DudleyGrunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject:

I subscribe to the show via iTunes and listen on my iPod Classic Monday morning, either on the way to work or at my desk, as time allows.

Was glad to hear my FTF call played for Bright Idea Night-time Cache. Again, it was published while many of us were at the 11-11-11 The After Dark Event. There were 27 cacher names represented, as part of the FTF, but I think there were about 40 people on the scene. The cache already has 23 Favorite points, mostly from that first night. Cool thing is the cache is owned by a young girl, so I'm sure she is excited about all the good reaction to it.

GC4C * MAGC * MGS * NoVAGO

We never seek things for themselves—what we seek is the very seeking of things.
- Blaise Pascal

creekcachers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bloopers

Hi SS&S,

Thanks for including the bloopers at the end of the podcast. I guess it pays to listen all the way to the end.

Thanks for the show and Keep on Cachin'

D&JCreekCachers
Beavercreek, OH

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I knew I forgot something when I listened to the show a second time. The FTF guy was looking for a cache called Dyslexic (at least that's what I'm remembering). I put one out called Deslixyc (GC1YT13). It's based on an email that was going around that should that you could read stuff if all the letters were in the word as long as the first and last letter were in the proper place. Check it out.

wanzong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Electric Water Boy wrote:
I knew I forgot something when I listened to the show a second time. The FTF guy was looking for a cache called Dyslexic (at least that's what I'm remembering). I put one out called Deslixyc (GC1YT13). It's based on an email that was going around that should that you could read stuff if all the letters were in the word as long as the first and last letter were in the proper place. Check it out.

This is a cool idea! Mind if I borrow it?

BTW you have a "misspelling" in the 13th word of the dyslexic paragraph.

wanzong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I use iTunes to get the podcast and download it to my iPhone. I usually listen to it on Monday's during my commute to and from work... the timing usually works great!

Team Io-Honu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I go to your guys' website directly and download the show from there. One less extra step for me.

After considering that FTF story, I would probably strip down to my underwear for an FTF, and if I really knew no one was there, all the way!!! Twisted Evil

gundark2000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I usually DL the show straight from the podcacher webpage and listen to it on the way to work the next day.

I really don't think I'd strip down for an FTF...then again, if I was in the right place at the right time wearing a $500 suit and the cache was only 20 feet away, I might just change my mind. Guess I'll worry about whether or not to do so when the time comes. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: