PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 387

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Show 387

The conversation continues here...

goblincamper2004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject:

First to post will listen after i load it thanks for another great show.

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Downloading now. Will listen on the road tomorrow. Let's hope it is cooler down in the San Diego area. Cache on.

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Downloading but must.save.until.tomorrow ... If I can wait that long Wink

Team D-B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Most found cache...

I have no idea how to search for the most found cache, but I know that it isn't the one in Berlin. Which I haven't found yet even though walking just past it on two occasions in Berlin. Don't travel with muggles! Laughing
I know because I logged GC189E5 last summer, and it has 10.520 finds as I write. It's placed below the famous Charles Bridge, which is a must see for anyone visiting Prague.[/url]

ChildOfAtom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject:

It's slightly out of date but one of the local NYC cachers, addisonbr, keeps bookmark lists for the most found caches, divided by cache type, country, state, etc.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=30cbe655-a05b-475f-9780-6d355a63dc42

I asked and he said that there was really no automatic way to find this stuff out that he can determine. He maintains this list by manual look ups and research!

"Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter culture?"

TAZ427

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Strangest thing I've been mistaken as while caching

The strangest thing that I've been mistaken as (and most confrontational individual as well) was being a 'tagger'. I was out in Seattle, WA last month for the Geocaching Block Party and doing a lot of aching in WA and OR. Anyway, we (my fellow cachers and I) were down by Pikes Place Market and I was retrieving a cache from a Seagulls 'Dairy Air'. Thankfully it was a statue.

Anyway, the owner of the restaurant behind the statue saw me and yelled at me. "Hey why are you tagging my Seagull."

This being Seattle and the cache having > 2K finds on it, I figured it was a cacher messing with me. Tons of cachers' in the area at that time. So I replied, "I'm just checking it's prostate." That didn't make her happy. And based on the expression I quickly figured out that she wasn't a cacher and since I had a pen in my hand it could have been misconstrued as I was writing on the Seagull Statue.

I said, "I'm sorry, I'm geocaching, I thought you were a fellow cacher."

She angrily asked "What's this geocaching." I explained it to her, and showed her the log.

Then she ask "Where are you from" (two of us there getting this cache) and I said "Texas." To which she responds. "You came all the way here from Texas just to get this cache." I said, "Sure, it was a long trip but worth getting this cache."

She saw where I returned the cache, and apparently accepted it as a positive thing because it's still being found.

And that's only the 2nd best story I have from the trip.

addisonbr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject:

CoA motivated me to do a little bit of updating this afternoon... The US list should be roughly up-to-date here:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=e7a3ca22-abc9-48fe-adaa-c1605c1d9b5b

I can't guarantee that I'm not wrong with the high cache for a particular state here or there. If you know of a case where there is another cache with more finds than what I have listed just drop me a note and I'll be happy to make the change (and thanks in advance for any help - as CoA says it's a manual process, so tips from cachers in the know are always awesome.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: