PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 392

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Show 392

The conversation continues here...

TheManInStripes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject:

First to post!!

I am a MARATHONER!! June 19, 2010

gundark2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject:

STP!!! downloading now Very Happy !!!!!!

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Still at GCF in Colorado, but first European hahahah!

e6c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Congrats WeatherVane!

NativTxn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject:

I was listening to the Podcast on my way to work this morning and heard the question about the Letterbox Hybrids. These are my favorite types of caches. As you mentioned, you do not HAVE to have a stamp in order to log the cache. It is optional, but makes it more fun for future loggers and the CO to see all of the stamps used by previous cachers. You CAN just sign you name and date it, but the hider meant for this cache to be more than a regular traditional cache. To make it fun, if you do not have a stamp, use your finger or thumb to make an impression in the log book. If there's no stamp pad in the box, the ink from most pens colored on your finger will be sufficient. After you leave the fingerprint, use your pen to make a drawing out of it. Make it into a sheep, a bee, a flying saucer, a Mr. Potatohead etc. Be creative. Many cachers have little stickers with their caching name and a little image and those will also work. It's nice to do something more than just a signature and a date to reward the cache owner's effort, especially if they have gone to the trouble of hand-carving their own stamp. I have several letterbox caches out on Opencaching.US and Geocaching.com, some of which are cross-posted to AtlasQuest.com (a popular letterboxing website). If you're ever around Snook, TX, stop by and check out "Chicken Fried Bacon" GC2ZQMN, my first hand-carved stamp. Take care and keep on stampin'.

Team GeoRangers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: WOW - GREAT FEEDBACH

NativTxn wrote:
I was listening to the Podcast on my way to work this morning and heard the question about the Letterbox Hybrids. These are my favorite types of caches. As you mentioned, you do not HAVE to have a stamp in order to log the cache. It is optional, but makes it more fun for future loggers and the CO to see all of the stamps used by previous cachers. You CAN just sign you name and date it, but the hider meant for this cache to be more than a regular traditional cache. To make it fun, if you do not have a stamp, use your finger or thumb to make an impression in the log book. If there's no stamp pad in the box, the ink from most pens colored on your finger will be sufficient. After you leave the fingerprint, use your pen to make a drawing out of it. Make it into a sheep, a bee, a flying saucer, a Mr. Potatohead etc. Be creative. Many cachers have little stickers with their caching name and a little image and those will also work. It's nice to do something more than just a signature and a date to reward the cache owner's effort, especially if they have gone to the trouble of hand-carving their own stamp. I have several letterbox caches out on Opencaching.US and Geocaching.com, some of which are cross-posted to AtlasQuest.com (a popular letterboxing website). If you're ever around Snook, TX, stop by and check out "Chicken Fried Bacon" GC2ZQMN, my first hand-carved stamp. Take care and keep on stampin'.

Let's hope Sonny and Sandy are taking notes. These are great suggestions, worthy of being discussed in a future show! There are too few letterbox hybrids and when the stamp goes missing and geocachers complain about it, the CO just archives the cache. Confused If only others knew there is another way to keep it going! Podcacher needs to spread the message - Thanks NativTxn - you made our day with this post!

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject:

Midatlantic in a 747 when this came out, so I had to wait until back in the UK to download Laughing

Geocaching on Dartmoor in the UK can be challenging - there are so many Letterboxes spread across the moor that you can almost guarantee finding 2 or 3 before the geocache at some sites

Captain Jack Aubrey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject:

Steam punk is awesome. I don't know if you watch Castle on ABC, but it is one of our favorite shows. They had a steam punk episode in season 3 episode 4 called "Punked". It stars Nathan Fillion from Firefly and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog fame.

pacholik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I love everything steampunk. I have dressed up for a ren/steampunk fair.
People keep coming up to me and calling me. Dr. Who

Here is a con for steam punk. http://www.steamcon.org/concrete5/index.php

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: