PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 405
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Show 405

The conversation continues here...

Traa dy Liooar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject:

FTP?!? Downloading now

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Downloading now. Cache on.

gundark2000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject:

AWSOME!! Downloading now!!

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject:

Thankyou Doctor Very Happy

batsgonemad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject:

made it, lets go

pacholik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Here is the macro that downloads the caches to the nuvi. http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=6918&st=0&#entry173526

Also here is a link to a fellow cachers blog about the older macro for the nuvi.

http://jshults.wordpress.com/garmin-nuvi-file-management-tutorial/

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject:

All those doctors listed and you left out the one that would most likely be a geocacher, or you'd at least like to go with - Doctor Who!

Cache Maintenance - I check on other caches I've been to before. Sometimes just because I'm walking by them. And others because the caches are on my watchlist. I put all the caches that I'm FTF for on my watchlist. If I see a few DNFs and I have the time, I'll go check just to see if the cache it there.

Dropping Trackables - There are three places I drop trackables regulary. One is a TB Hotel at a friend's house. One is at a cache that is in a building so it is protected. And the last is at a cache that is along the San Antonio Riverwalk. This gets visited by tourists a lot. So if I want a trackable to get out of town soon, that's where it goes.

Logging TB's with GSAK - I've recently started logging trackables with GSAK. My one worry doing this is that I'll get a code slightly wrong and end up logging a trackable that I haven't seen.

We have a challenge cache in San Antonio that requires 100 finds in 10 different states. Still working on it.

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject:

pacholik wrote:
Here is the macro that downloads the caches to the nuvi. http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=6918&st=0&#entry173526

Also here is a link to a fellow cachers blog about the older macro for the nuvi.

http://jshults.wordpress.com/garmin-nuvi-file-management-tutorial/

Thanks for the links!

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject:

Electric Water Boy wrote:
All those doctors listed and you left out the one that would most likely be a geocacher, or you'd at least like to go with - Doctor Who!

Cache Maintenance - I check on other caches I've been to before. Sometimes just because I'm walking by them. And others because the caches are on my watchlist. I put all the caches that I'm FTF for on my watchlist. If I see a few DNFs and I have the time, I'll go check just to see if the cache it there.

Dropping Trackables - There are three places I drop trackables regulary. One is a TB Hotel at a friend's house. One is at a cache that is in a building so it is protected. And the last is at a cache that is along the San Antonio Riverwalk. This gets visited by tourists a lot. So if I want a trackable to get out of town soon, that's where it goes.

Logging TB's with GSAK - I've recently started logging trackables with GSAK. My one worry doing this is that I'll get a code slightly wrong and end up logging a trackable that I haven't seen.

We have a challenge cache in San Antonio that requires 100 finds in 10 different states. Still working on it.

Thanks for the great info!

hallycat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: re:SSS tribute cache

WOW! A cache published with the store name mentioned? Would never have been published by NY Admin.

Dropping Trackables; Here on Long Island we have a special situation. Being an island that basically goes nowhere unless you take a fairly costly ferry ride we don't get very many people just passing through. Many caches, unless they are new-ish and the usual local cachers haven't found it could go for months without a new find. Therefore I hesitate to drop a travel bug unless the cache is newer. The last two bugs I "rescued" on Sunday were sitting for 3 and 4+ months respectively. I try to put a TB somewhere that it will get picked up so if that means holding it for a few weeks till I make a trip off Island or until a new cache gets published then I hold it and if the bug owner emails me I will explain the situation. I do travel off island quite a bit so they don't get held terribly long.

Cache Maintenance -If I see before going that a cache needs maintenance and it's not been abandoned for months by a player that has stopped playing I will help out. Also I will check on friends caches if they are nearby where I am hunting. However if I see a cache with multiple DNF's and the log is soaking wet and not signable I will likely not even hunt it. I do not find that a fun cache to hunt .

gundark2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject:

As far as posting your own trackable numbers online so people can log them virtually, it seems that groundspeak has recently changed their stance on the subject. My friend sent me a reply from our local reviewer a few months ago and it seems like TPTB are allowing it. the email was as follows:

" our reviewer sent me this.

At this time virtual logging of travel bugs and geocoins is allowed so long as the object owner is OK with it. I learned this from TPTB at Groundspeak during the block party weekend in Seattle.

The owner of a TB or geocoin may delete virtual logs if they don't want to allow it. But be consistent - don't treat logs from someone you don't like differently than logs from others."

So, maybe you guys can post your coin again!!

NoNameYet202

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject:

Dropping TB: I pretty much only drop TB's at Hotels or events. The only exceptions are those caches that have a high Favorite count. I figure those will attract caches like flies, so the trackable won't sit around for long.

Cache Maintenance - I don't find myself at caches I've been before (with only a few exceptions), so I don't find myself in a situation where I can replace a cache I've found before. I have replaced a cache that was a large plastic container who's lid was no where to be found with a brand new ammo can. I've alerted the CO to the change, but as he hasn't changed the listing, I doubt he still is caching :/

TheDuke12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject:

Finally caching up on shows. Very Happy

Reposnding to Jutintim1999 question:

I had this just happen to me. My wife gave me a trackable patch for Christmas. I intended to sew it on to my backpack, so it can be "discovered" while geocaching or at events. I snapped a shot of it and uploaded it to the webpage for my trackable on GC.com. Within in minutes I was getting emails that it was discovered and from cahcers in Germany too. It wasn't till I read the comments that I figured out what they were doing. They discovered it virtually via the Trackables gallery link on GC.com. I quickly pulled down the photo and edited the webpage to say "To log that you discovered it you must see it in person and not via picture or gallery." I edited the photo and masked out the TB number and uploaded the modified photo. I preceded to delete the log entries of those that said they found it and surpisingly no one sent me an angry message.

Keep on cache'n
TheDuke12

KKrew08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Logging Trackables

Whatever you decide, be honest in how you discovered the trackable be it physically or virtually on an image.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: