PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 411

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Show 411

Chat about the show here...

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Downloading now. cache on

gundark2000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject:

oh well, STP!! Very Happy
downloading now!

goblincamper2004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Golf Balls as Swag items

In response to show 411, we were surprised that you mentioned that golf balls are bad to leave as swag items. There has been several times when we have been out caching and have found a golf ball in a cache. They come in handy.

In fact we drilled a hole in on and put a bison tube in it and hid it as a golf ball hide near a local golf course. Golf balls make good swag item for those that are golfers or like that type of items.

Another item that was mentions were bottle caps. We have seen those made into caches as well. So it is all depends on who you ask. One cachers swag that may not be good, may be treasure to another cacher.

So with that in mind, golf balls and bottle caps could be good swag items. We just wanted to let you know what we think. Cool

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Balls as Swag items

goblincamper2004 wrote:
There has been several times when we have been out caching and have found a golf ball in a cache. They come in handy.

I leave many, many golf balls as swag - in the rough and out-of-bounds at golf courses all over the world Laughing

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Balls as Swag items

goblincamper2004 wrote:
There has been several times when we have been out caching and have found a golf ball in a cache. They come in handy.

I leave many, many golf balls as swag - in the rough and out-of-bounds at golf courses all over the world Laughing

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject:

Whay don't we all make it the goal to clean the garbage out of the next cache? I've always had it in my head that trade up or trade even meant a one for one trade. I don't know why. So I thought while listening to the show, why don't I trade one or two good things for all the junk swag in a cache. Definitely a trade up.

As for a film cannister with a plastic bag in it for garbage.... While part of me likes the idea and the intent, another part of me is screaming NO!!!!! Link to a movie I recently saw: Link to Bag It The Movie

NoNameYet202

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject:

In reference to the Multi/Unknown Dr Podcacher question, here is my thoughts and opinions.

I'd classify this as a puzzle/unknown. Here's why: I could solve it from home, just by putting into a waypoint projector the location, bearing, and distance, then I'd put the result into my GPS to go hunting.

However, Puzzles and Multi's are so similar that I sometimes wonder why we seperate them so.

Just my opinion,
NNY202

Edit: Just another note, I love the return of the polyhedral dice!

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject:

Electric Water Boy wrote:
Whay don't we all make it the goal to clean the garbage out of the next cache? I've always had it in my head that trade up or trade even meant a one for one trade. I don't know why. So I thought while listening to the show, why don't I trade one or two good things for all the junk swag in a cache. Definitely a trade up.

As for a film cannister with a plastic bag in it for garbage.... While part of me likes the idea and the intent, another part of me is screaming NO!!!!! Link to a movie I recently saw: Link to Bag It The Movie

1) Great idea about cleaning out the garbage in caches.

2) Oh wow. Thanks for this link!

hidegoseek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Golf Balls as Swag items

goblincamper2004 wrote:
In response to show 411, we were surprised that you mentioned that golf balls are bad to leave as swag items. There has been several times when we have been out caching and have found a golf ball in a cache. They come in handy.
I used to work at a golf course and frequently left a brand new Pro V1 golf ball as a trade item. At $4-5 each it was often the most valuable item in the cache. I always assumed a non-golfer wouldn’t trade for it, and an accomplished golfer would appreciate it.

Sonny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Balls as Swag items

hidegoseek wrote:
I used to work at a golf course and frequently left a brand new Pro V1 golf ball as a trade item. At $4-5 each it was often the most valuable item in the cache. I always assumed a non-golfer wouldn’t trade for it, and an accomplished golfer would appreciate it.

That's a great idea

batsgonemad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject:

Hey Sonny, for the flash mob, why not get a hashtag for instagram that way people who use instagram can post their pictures live from the events, and there would be a nice collection of pictures

Team GeoRangers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Golf Balls as Swag items

saltercreaserangers wrote:
goblincamper2004 wrote:

One cachers discarded trade item, is an opportunity for another geocacher to craft a cache! SWAG and treasure is in the eye of the beholder, for camo comes in all shapes and sizes. Always thought a film can with a plastic bag in it is a good way to encourage CITO for future finders; however, the bag it trailer and link shows otherwise. Thank you all for sharing your perspectives ... it's all good!

team_goobie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Squirt

I have a Squirt multi tool, and love it. it's perfect size to hang on the lanyard with my Garmin.

Another, well used tool was introduced to me by Applejohn, and that's a large diaper pin. That stays pinned on the lanyard, and you don't have to remove it to use it (since it's large). Excellent for extracting blinkie logs!

Sit vis vobiscum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: