PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 412

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Show 412

The conversation continues here...

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Downloading now. cache on

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject:

Got it

AND with some great timing there was a note in my email with the FINAL proofs for the Podcacher trading card
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73677254/Series%20II/Podcacher.pdf

Happy Monday Very Happy

*** WEDNESDAY update ***
Woo hoo - I won a PRIZE !!!
a Flaxus stylus from Aeglo Original on their Facebook page
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aeglobrand/flaxus-wearable-mobile-device-stylus

Last edited by saltercreaserangers on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

goblincamper2004

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject:

Really enjoyed the show. It is always great to hear you mention something that we had said on the show. Make us more a part of the show that way. Thanks and keep on caching. Cool

supplier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Duct tape

On the subject of duct tape I re-roll it around the tube part of paper mate pens that no longer work. I throw away the guts and cut the tube to two inches long. I roll it to the size of a C cell battery and that gives me approximately 5 yards of tape. It doesn't take up much space in my bag or car or anywhere else I keep them. The hollow tube allows me to run para cord through it so I could hang it from a hook or tree branch. You can also bend a paper clip and slip it through the hole to attach it to a key chain.

Last edited by supplier on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

NoNameYet202

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject:

On the topic of Cacher greetings, there is one that I've not only always used, but have been greeted by when I'm hunting for a cache and someone walks up. Most cachers will shout "Found it yet?" when approaching. I've always thought this was the understood cacher greeting while on the hunt. It may not be a discreet as Sonny wants, but it is popular enough around here.

Thanks,
NNY202

Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject:

saltercreaserangers wrote:

*** WEDNESDAY update ***
Woo hoo - I won a PRIZE !!!
a Flaxus stylus from Aeglo Original on their Facebook page
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aeglobrand/flaxus-wearable-mobile-device-stylus

Hey congrats!!

Pinfold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Hi all,

Having a look through old posts both here and on GC.com forums I think a very good suggestion for a fellow cacher greeting was made way back in 2006. Why make it verbal? Sign language is very discrete.

Drawing from American Sign Language (hey I'm a Brit but why not go with the US version?) there's a good suggestion on post #20.
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=132498&hl=sign+language it looks just like what it suggests, a hand over a hidden container, and even I could cope with that.

I guess a muggle from 2012 onward would think you were doing a bad impersonation of Gangnam style and leave you alone, if not give you a wide berth.
Rolling Eyes

Personally I like it (the signal, not the Korean dance craze). I guess the reply could be to repeat the sign and then a universal thumbs up?

If a sign or signs asking 'Are you a Geocacher?' could be agreed on by say the National Association for the Deaf or the British Deaf Association then perhaps Groundspeak and Podcacher could formally promote it? -how inclusive would that be?! Win-win all round.

'I commend the idea to the House', as we Brits might say... Very Happy

goblincamper2004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Home made golf ball caches

Here is what the two different golf balls look like,

As you can tell from the first picture, they look like ordinary golf balls, until you look at them from the other sides.

It was fun to make a couple. It really isn't that hard. Anyone who has a drill can do it.

Just wanted to share the picture. Also the cache we hid that is a golf ball hide is this one,

http://coord.info/GC40QAH

Is is an awesome cache. Along a local bike / walking trail in our area of Southern Utah.

Keep on caching. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: