PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 414

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Show 414

The conversation continues here...

Mauison

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Happy Easter S, S, and S!

goblincamper2004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Announcing the show opener?

We wanted to know how you choose geocachers to announce the show. Would we need to leave a voice mail with the information? We think it would be fun to announce the show one of these times. Cool

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject:

From the show notes "On our final geocaching podcast today" I am sorry that is over. You had a lot of great shows but everything has to come to an end sometime.

Just kidding!!!!! Happy April fools day!!!!!

goblincamper2004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: The joke's on you, Haha, April Fools.

ITS April fools day everyone don't believe what they say in the beginning of the show!!!!

gundark2000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject:

downloaded and ready to listed to.

Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing the show opener?

goblincamper2004 wrote:
We wanted to know how you choose geocachers to announce the show. Would we need to leave a voice mail with the information? We think it would be fun to announce the show one of these times. Cool

Sure - you can call the hotline, or use the "talk to us" button on the website. Just say the following...

Hi, we're [geocaching name] from [location] and you're listening to PodCacher!

If both of you want to talk, perhaps take turns on the first part, and then try to say that last phrase in unison.

If you "mess up", just pause and try it again! Very Happy

We "collect" intros when we attend events, or people send them in to us, and then we just select an intro to use each time, somewhat randomly.

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject:

Ugh, I share the rant about people replacing caches just because they can't find it, but especially puzzle caches, and even more especially those that don't have a way for cachers to verify coordinates.

I've been on the receiving end of a log deletion notice. I absolutly hated getting one without an explanation. I had to go to the cache page to find out why. It had to do with finding a replacement cache... I could go on another rant here but I don't need the stress...

Lord Elwood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject:

I have been recommending the Oregon 450 GPSr for many years now. I have one and I absolutely love it! And with the story about it sitting out for over a year in the elements, this just helps to solidify my recommendation that the Garmin Oregon 450 is the BEST Geocaching handheld GPS out there!

pacholik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject:

goblincamper2004 I don't think you saw all of my message. drag your mouse over my message above

TAZ427

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject:

Lord Elwood wrote:
I have been recommending the Oregon 450 GPSr for many years now. I have one and I absolutely love it! And with the story about it sitting out for over a year in the elements, this just helps to solidify my recommendation that the Garmin Oregon 450 is the BEST Geocaching handheld GPS out there!

I agree they're definitely sturdy. I've got a 400t myself. Mines gone to the bottom of a bayou a couple times while Kayaking, just glad I was smart enough to tether it before hand. And it's taken some decent drops as well. I know one person who's Oregon sat at the bottom of a muddy creek bed for a couple days before a friend found it for him. It powered up no problems.

I'm currently looking at the new 600 series (I think it goes on sale today.) I'm just waiting until I see that someone actually loads > 50K caches into it at one time and see that it doesn't balk. I'm wary with the wording of unlimited geocaches being placed on the unit. I typically have about 30K caches on my cell phone using c:geo. I'm even considering just taking a GPX file from GSAK w/ 50K caches on it to the store and having them load it up.

I primarily cache w/ my phone because the GLONASS + GSP sat's give great precision, and because I can keep a ton of caches loaded. And I switch up to the Oregon when on the Bike, Kayaking, Going rough terrain, etc. But with the 600 series having GLONASS and if it supports an extreme amount of caches being loaded, then I'll be very tempted to buy one.

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I just hope they have the load bug figured out. Don't know how many Colorados and Oregons Ive seen that you can load a PQ on it, see it there, and the machine says nothing is there. Reload it, and it says, oh, you really want me to look at that PQ. Not something I'm very happy about...

emilierene

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Any advice on ensuring that the required account registration when downloading the Pathtags Tag Editor has occurred? I was logged in to Pathtags.com when I downloaded it, so did that do the trick?

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject:

emilierene wrote:
Any advice on ensuring that the required account registration when downloading the Pathtags Tag Editor has occurred? I was logged in to Pathtags.com when I downloaded it, so did that do the trick?

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes, that should do it. If you are logged in, then it will register your username.

NoNameYet202

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing the show opener?

Sandy wrote:

Sure - you can call the hotline, or use the "talk to us" button on the website. Just say the following...

Hi, we're [geocaching name] from [location] and you're listening to PodCacher!

I probably should do a new one - I have moved since you guys recorded mine last yera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: