PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 429

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Show 429

Chat about the show here...

goblincamper2004

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: The new podcast show is now available

Yeah, the new podcast show is out. FTP. We will be listening to the show. Cool

saltercreaserangers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject:

just in time for my Monday train journey, excellent Very Happy

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject:

It's all about statistics. Did you know that about 63.4% of them are made up?

Favorite Points - Good point about whether you're a newbie or you've been around the block a few times. Don't about the badges thing for sure, but I bet it does disappear. Just think how milestones and such get messed up when a CO delete your log 6 months later. Argh!

Changing batteris in the field a milestone? First thought was this guy doesn't spend enough time in the field. But then I wondered, "What if he does?" What kind of batteries are you using???!!!

StevensAdInfinitum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject:

A few comments on the show:

First, I have found that Podcacher shows have the same amount of energetic benefits as: 1 large apple or 3 cups of coffee*. (If only I had a new show every day!!)

Second, I have a few adjectives that go well describing early caches. These are: Mature, Experienced, Prime, Geriatric, Seasoned, Skilled, Verse, Veteran, Adept, Exercised, Hardened, and Primordial. I grew up with Hasbro, so I am a little partial to Prime.

And last, but not least, Favorite points! I have to agree with some of the comments about leaving the points where they were placed. Even if a cache becomes archived, it still does not diminish the memories that made that hide a favorite for me. It may have been the container, it may have been that puzzle, or it may not have anything to do with the cache itself, but the experience on the way or the cachers I traveled with or met with during that outing. I am really stingy when it comes to my points, but when I give them out, it's like releasing a TB into the wild, I don't expect them to come back, I just hope they enrich the geocaching experience.

StevensAdInfinitum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject:

Electric Water Boy wrote:
What kind of batteries are you using???!!!

I personally use Eneloop rechargeables from Sanyo. I heard about them on a Podcacher show long time ago. I use them in everything. They seem to power my life better than most others, and the charged shelf life is amazing!

BTW: These are available on Amazon.com. Make sure to follow the Podcacher link before you buy!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: