PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 433

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Show 433

The conversation continues here...

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Downloading now. Cache on

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject:

Downloaded early this morning, listen during work today.

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject:

So much goodness to comment on I had to take notes...

When I make today's find it will be my new longest find streak. It will ties my second longest streak of not finding a cache - with the longest being before I started. I hope I never beat that streak...

Wondering what the Machete Man attribute would look like. I'm picturing a hockey mask and a machete (Jason from the Friday the 13th movies).

If there's a vote, do you "root" for your favorite "route" to "Route 66?"

Finding caches you have adopted. I have adopted a few caches after I have found them. Can't say that I've adopted one before. Either way, in my rules for the game, it's okay if you find these. Two pieces of advice. 1. Change the owner name to show the original placer, and that you adopted it. 2. Add the adoption date. If there's a way to find when you adopted a cache way back when, I don't know it. I wish I had followed this piece of advice.

And MSWeber - buy me a beer at the next event and I'll see to it that no one gives you grief (OK, at least I won't).

Good job on pronouncing Pflugerville. Now try spelling it. Rumor has it that DPS officers that catch you for speeding here let you go and catch you again in Waco. Much easier to spell.

I have a Go Bag for caching, but lately I've been down to carry just the bare essientials, and they're in a peanut butter Jar. Flashlight, UV Light, spare batteries, tweezers, mirror/magenet/clip on an extending stick, and some Technu (because I get posion ivy just looking at a picture).

Geeks - Come to the Brightside, we have headlamps!

MSWeber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Lessons Learned

Today is the 19th and the longest streak that I've had caching thanks to the 31 Days of August Challenge. 19 so far.

The whole adoption thing was strange. The first strange thing was that for some of the caches the name of the cache in the request was different than the name in the confirmation email after I accepted. The second strange thing was that somehow I received 3 requests for the same cache and zero for other caches that the owner was willing to transfer to me.

On the few caches that didn't have an issue, I ran out and found the caches before adopting them.

I adopted 2 Wherigo caches. One was one of the caches that I adopted before I had a chance to find it (I've since then walked through the cart to check its operation and to know what others would be facing. The final was in good shape).

The other Wherigo was amazing. I drove downtown and took 2.5 to 3 hours walking through the great tour and history lesson that Team Peredox created. If you visit San Antonio, you must do GC2YBM1, The Lost Treasure of Cabeza de Vaca. It will take you on a guided tour of the River Walk. Thanks Team Perdox for showing me how cool Wherigos can be.

I was glad to adopt these caches instead of seeing them archived!

On the caches that I went out to find before adopting them, I have a smiley on my caching map. It's a little weird when I filter the map by My Finds and some of my hides disappear.

They were all great caches worthy to be kept in play!

Thanks Podcacher for presenting my dilemma!

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject:

I figured those were the two WhereIGos - the one you listed above and GC2GXCZ The Legend of Helga. Helga is my favorite WhereIGo so far. Easy walk down a well marked trail, and fun story line. Cabeza is fun too, but if you do it at the wrong time the Riverwalk is crowded, and it can get downright hot and humid down there with little breeze blowing. Then again, other times it's awesome and there are a bazillion places to eat afterwards!

MSWeber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject:

I did Helga last Saturday and I had issues with my GPSr and iPhone. In the Sun I couldn't see the iPhone's screen. In the shade I couldn't see the Colorado's screen. I was trying to run them in parallel to make sure the cartridge ran right on both. I ended up just using the Colorado.

I could have used a Machete guy for the final on Helga. My legs have some pretty deep cuts from thistles, thorns, briers, cactus and anything else pointy.

Oh yeah, EWB, I meant to say "Thanks" for having my back at the next event.

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject:

Walked by the final of Cabeza yesterday. Was worried when I got there and saw that the area had changed a bit. Saw the the final container and location have both changed, and are in a great place. Now to get my coworker and new cacher to go through the motions to find the thing.

MSWeber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject:

I was lucky to have a low-profile container that was clear. Important for downtown hides, I think. The new location I picked out will serve it well...I hope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: