PodCacher Forums Forum Index
 PodCacher   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Show 441

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Team GeoRangers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Show 441

drum roll ...

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Patience, people! Very Happy Very Happy

You can now chat about the show here...

pacholik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Downloading now. I hope you all are feeling better.

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject:

Y'all sound a LOT better!

Shout out to TattooBarbie!

I know plenty of people who are in the "If I can't find it then it ain't there" category. I'm in the "If I can't find it, I'm frustrated, but that doesn't mean it isn't here" category. I've seen many seasoned cachers miss stuff. I miss stuff. I missed one yesterday that I ended of getting only because of Phone a Friend. It was pretty obvious after I saw it. Of course they're all easy after you have found them.

Great show!

The K9 Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject:

I can understand how frustrating it can be when you can't find a cache and it gets under your skin. I have found the perfect solution add it to your ignore list and it disappears, I forget about it and get on with enjoying the geolife.

Also, there is another way that you can get a list of all your caches that need maintenance. Click on the hide a cache form and it will give you a list of all the caches that need maintenance before you are allowed to go on and submit a new one.

hidegoseek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject:

The K9 Crew wrote:
I have found the perfect solution add it to your ignore list and it disappears
Regarding that difficulty 5 cache: I find it very revealing that of the five finders, one of them is the cache owner! That's enough to put it on one's ignore list. Too goofy!!

Electric Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject:

There are only two kinds of caches of mine that I will find. Events and Challenges. And I darn sure won't claim FTF on either.

Speaking of which, and maybe this could be a show topic, do people in your area claim FTF for an event? That rarely happens in my area.

Anteaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject:

I had the pleasure of meeting TattooBarbie this past weekend at an event in Austin. We had crossed paths at an Electric Water Boy event, the last flash mob, but had not actually met until now. I enjoyed the article and the video about her, thanks for sharing it with us!

Anteaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject:

BTW, does anyone know the GC for the cache discussed at the beginning of the show... the one published in 2011 that has only a few finds?

pacholik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I love the surprise of the cacher taking his wife skydiving. I have been twice and my wife has had it on her bucket list. I took her indoor skydiving for valentines day but it was not the same. So I surprised her with a gift certificate for a tandem skydive and the full video package. I bought it and just had it sent to her e-mail and did not say anything. She read the e-mail and is so excited to go. I would jump more but it is just a little to costly.

Glad to hear you guys are feeling better.

I have seen a lot of new cache owners log their own cache accidentally when they meant to log a note or main log.

lillfiluren

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Finding the tricky cache using Project-gc

given the information in the show, we know that the cache was a 5.0/1.5 traditional cache published in december of 2011. This can be used to search for caches with Project-gc.com:

project-gc link

A total of 15 caches matches the criterias. We also know that the listener was foxgallagher, and according to her profile stats on the same site:

http://project-gc.com/Profile/ProfileStats?profile_name=foxgallagher&getprofile=Get+profile

we can se that she is probably located in michigan (cache centroid N 43 20.591 W 83 44.701 which is in Frankenmuth, Mi).

Since there is only one cache in the first list located in michigan, and that cache is only 11km from foxgallaghers cache centroid (and it has 68 DNFs and 5 finds) I'm willing to bet my GPSr that it is the cache mentioned in the show.

GC39AM2 - Missing house

/lillfiluren

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding the tricky cache using Project-gc

lillfiluren wrote:
given the information in the show, we know that the cache was a 5.0/1.5 traditional cache published in december of 2011. This can be used to search for caches with Project-gc.com:

project-gc link

A total of 15 caches matches the criterias. We also know that the listener was foxgallagher, and according to her profile stats on the same site:

http://project-gc.com/Profile/ProfileStats?profile_name=foxgallagher&getprofile=Get+profile

we can se that she is probably located in michigan (cache centroid N 43 20.591 W 83 44.701 which is in Frankenmuth, Mi).

Since there is only one cache in the first list located in michigan, and that cache is only 11km from foxgallaghers cache centroid (and it has 68 DNFs and 5 finds) I'm willing to bet my GPSr that it is the cache mentioned in the show.

GC39AM2 - Missing house

/lillfiluren

Wow - that's some great detective work!

By the way, I changed the link to make it shorter (to fix the wide-screen problem)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PodCacher Forums Forum Index -> Show Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: